◙ TAG Architects | Alice Cutright, ASID, RID
◙ TAG Architects | Alice Cutright, ASID, RID
Only individuals, not businesses or groups, can apply for registration. The applicant must meet the following requirements to become registered:
- Be of good ethical character.
- Either satisfy all educational and experience requirements to take the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) examination; OR hold a degree from a National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB) accredited school, or is a registered architect, who satisfies eligibility requirements to take the NCIDQ examination.
- Passed the NCIDQ examination.
- At least 21 years of age.
To apply, the individual must submit the following to the Board:
- A completed Application for Registered Interior Designer
- A non-refundable $250.00 Registration Fee.
- Proof of citizenship or legal presence; ex: copy of a driver’s license, birth certificate, etc.
- A current resume.
- NCIDQ certification verification. This must be an official verification sent directly from NCIDQ to the Board; copies of notices or letters sent to the applicant from NCIDQ are not accepted.
- An official copy of all college transcripts, enclosed in a sealed envelope from the college, showing courses taken, degree and date awarded. This must be an official document sent directly to the Board office from the institution.
Renewal of Registration
Registration must be renewed annually based on the fiscal year, and submitted no later than midnight on September 30th. Renewals postmarked October 1 through December 31 are considered late, and those renewals will be assessed a late penalty fee which must be paid before the application for renewal can be processed. There are two exceptions to renewal:
- Applicants granted registration after May 31st, but before September 30th, are exempt from renewal and the CEU requirements that year.
- Registration held by active duty members of the Armed Forces of the United States will not expire until September 30 following the day of discharge or final separation from the Armed Forces of the United States.
To apply for renewal, the individual must submit the following to the Board:
- A completed Application for Renewal
- A renewal fee established by the Board
- Certification of completion of all continuing education requirements.
If renewal has not been completed by 12:01 am on January 1, the registration will lapse and must be reinstated, as required by law.
Reinstatement will be required for any certificate that has lapsed for whatever reason; or which has been suspended or revoked through disciplinary action.
To apply for reinstatement, the individual must submit the following to the Board:
- A completed Application for Reinstatement
- The reinstatement application fee
- A renewal fee and late penalty as established by the Board
- Proof of meeting current continuing education requirements
- A sworn affidavit that no submission of sealed documents has occurred during the time registration was invalid.
The Board shall review or authorize the Office Administrator to review the application and authorize approval of the application for reinstatement. Should the application or record reflect disciplinary history or unsatisfactory responses to questions on the application, the Board will conduct a further review of the application and render a decision regarding eligibility for registration. If approved, the same registration number will be reissued. New certificates for framing will not be issued unless a written request is made and a replacement fee is received.
A registered interior designer holding a current and valid Certificate of Registration may apply for inactive status. Inactive status must be in force for a period of not less than six months before reactivation may be requested.
The benefits of being granted “inactive Status” are:
- The individual will not be required to annually apply for renewal nor pay the renewal fee
- The individual will not be required to attain CEU’s until they decide to return to “active” status, at which time they will resume obtaining credits as required by the Administrative Code.
- The individual’s registration number will be reserved for them until they decide to return to active status.
When an individual is classified as inactive status, registration will be placed on hold, the individual will not be listed in the roster, and will not retain the title and seal and stamping privileges of a Registered Interior Designer.
To apply for Inactive Status, the individual must submit the following to the Board:
- A completed Application for Inactive Status.
- A non-refundable application fee of $25.00