Registration must be renewed annually based on the fiscal year, and submitted no later than midnight on September 30th. Renewals postmarked October 1 through December 31 are considered late, and those renewals will be assessed a late penalty fee which must be paid before the application for renewal can be processed. There are two exceptions to renewal:
- Applicants granted registration after May 31st, but before September 30th, are exempt from renewal and the CEU requirements that year.
- Registration held by active duty members of the Armed Forces of the United States will not expire until September 30 following the day of discharge or final separation from the Armed Forces of the United States.
To apply for renewal, the individual must submit the following to the Board:
- A completed Application for Renewal
- A renewal fee established by the Board
- Certification of completion of all continuing education requirements.
If renewal has not been completed by 12:01 am on January 1, the registration will lapse and must be reinstated, as required by law.